Thursday, October 19, 2006

Darklands chapter 1

Well what a fun day I had, woke up, walked the dog, and got mugged. Guess that’s LA for ya. But the ironic thing is, it’s my job to try and catch these gang members that infect America. Which isn’t as much fun as you’d think.
Maybe I should introduce myself. I happen to be Mark Pennick. A 20-year-old male caucasian, (according to my drivers licence), working in the FBI’s Los Angeles gang crime division. The pay’s not to bad and its got one hell of a pension scheme but it gets awfully repetitive scanning through evidence trying to confirm the id of many gang members and leaders in a bid to stop their activities. Oh well that’s some boring stuff out of the way lets crack on…
“Your late for work again”
“Really I hadn’t noticed”
“Don’t get smart with me mark your over three hours late, why shouldn’t I fire you right now?”
“Well sir. I may happen to be the best guy in my division and I may also have a great reason for being late, and may have just helped us out significantly. Sir.”
“Well what’s your reason?”
“ I got mugged.”
“Oh, well in that case I think we can let you off with being late, you alright son?”
“Do I look hurt? It takes more than one of the members of Angels to take me down.”
“Your joking right, a member of Angels tried to mug you?”
“That’s what I said” at this moment I couldn’t help but grin, the old man was stunned. In case you didn’t know Angels is a criminal gang with over a hundred members, they have a very long criminal record that would impress almost anyone.
“Jesus, which guy was it? And what’s happened to him?”
“Well I don’t know his real name but the name embroidered on his chest said Coldest. And we both know he’s fairly high up in that gang what I cant figure out is why he was doing a mugging when those guys make million’s each week. I guess he gets a kick from it. He’s locked up in the police station so i'm sure we can send round the usual rabble to beat some information from him.”
“Well done Mark feel free to take the rest of the day of this could turn this whole gang problem thing right round.”
“ No thanks Sir I’ll be here working like everyone else till we’ve eliminated these gangs once and for all. But I may take half a hour or so and go visit the guys in the labs the stuff they do never stops to amaze me.”
“Feel free to”“Thank you sir. Much appreciated.”

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm... It warms me to see one of the oldies' names. :)

The start looks nice, just a few mispellings, but it's already awesome considering it's you, vetch. lol

I can't wait for the time when I finally there. >.> lol

3:49 PM  
Blogger vetch said...

lol 2 weeks unless i get enough feedback hen itll be sooner

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wth, oisin, you still gotta do yours still! lol No excuses! XD

5:00 PM  
Blogger vetch said...

i agree get on with the writing

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home